- Our sweet Beckett weighed in at 20 lbs even just a few days after turning five months old! I can't believe how big he is. At this point, he is gaining about a half a pound a week. As a result he is starting to move into 12 month clothes!
- Beckett is becoming really interested in what happens around him. He especially likes to watch Owen run around and play. He still loves his cuddles, but he also loves to sit up and see what everyone is up to. He also seems to want to be in the midst of the action, just like his brother. If we put him down and walk to the other room, he quickly lets us know that he does not want to be alone even if it is just for a few moments.
- Beckett can sit for a little bit on his own now. He loves to sit and play with his, however he still needs us close by to help him stabilize. A few times he has been able to catch himself and sit back up. I imagine it will only be a few more weeks before he is sitting entirely on his own and playing away with the toys around him.
- He is so close to rolling the other direction. When he is on his back, he often rolls to his side to play with his toys. A couple times he has almost rolled over onto his tummy, but he has always stopped himself just before he takes the final plunge. I keep thinking he could roll any day, but then again who knows.
- He LOVES to play with his feet. Whenever he gets his diaper changed, the first thing he does is kick those pudgy feet up into the air and grab at them. He seems to prefer playing with his feet when he has no socks or pj's on, but we often find him tugging at them whenever he is on his back.
- He is finally starting to warm up to tummy time. I think he now realizes that he is able to keep toys in his mouth easier if he is on his tummy. As long has he has a toy that he is really interested in, he will play for a quite awhile before he rolls over or starts crying out of frustration.
- He seems to be getting increasingly frustrated by his lack of mobility. He can scoot himself in circles just a little bit, but he seems to want to move further and from side to side. I think once he realizes that rolling will offer him a form of mobility the days of an immobile child will be over for us.
- Beckett cut his first bottom tooth at 4 months and 3 weeks. We knew it was coming in, because he was increasingly fussy and his bottom gum was swollen for several days. His second tooth came through just a day after he turned five months old. Needless to say, the sleeping saga has continued with this little guy. Between teething and getting sick, he is often up a couple times a night and he has not been napping well either. Oh, I can't wait for the nights when he decides to start sleeping for 10 hours again.
Sunday, September 25, 2016
Beckett is making it fully evident that he is growing up! Between his crazy weight gain and his new skills he has really lost that new baby feel. I had forgotten how much I love this stage. Beckett is becoming more interactive with each day and on most days he showers us with smiles and giggles. Here are his latest accomplishments.