Thursday, September 27, 2012

1 Month Old

It is not really surprising that Beckett has quickly grabbed hold of our hearts, and we can no longer imagine life without in him in our little family!  I am so thankful to have two little boys so close in age, and I am excited to watch them grow up and play together.  Although this first month has had its challenges between sleepless nights, wishing I could be up and more active after surgery, and getting behind on most everything involving the house, it is pure joy to have Beckett finally here and healthy!  That pile of laundry that really needs to be folded just doesn't seem to matter when I am snuggling with my two boys.  They are only small for so long, and in Beckett's case I feel he is already growing at lightening speed.  We sure are trying to cherish these special moments while they are small.
Here are Beckett's 1 Month Milestones:
  • He is already 11 lbs 6 oz.  I can't believe how fast he is growing!  He is the same size Owen was at two months.  It makes me think we will have a big boy on our hands pretty soon.
  • This boy loves to eat! I guess that is why he so big already. Since the day he was born, he has been great at nursing which has been a huge blessing as we adjust to having two little boys. He is super efficient which means I don't have to sit for an hour trying to get him to eat. Usually he is fed, changed, and ready to play in 20-30 min.
  • He was only in newborn clothes for about a week, and moved quickly into his 3 month pjs and outfits.  I have a feeling he is going to soar through the sizes during his first year. 
  • He loves to be held!  It is hard to put him down sometimes when he snuggles up close to you and wants to sleep on your chest. 
  • He is starting to flash some pretty precious smiles.  He started socially smiling around 2-3 weeks, and now when we make funny sounds or tickle his cheek, he will often give us a big gummy grin.  It makes us laugh every single time!  I also love the way it makes his face light up.
  • Owen sure does love his baby brother.  He asks several times a day to hold him and often showers him with kisses.  Whenever Beckett is crying, he gets a little distressed and wants to know why Beckett is so sad.  I really love watching the bond between them develop, and I am excited for the day when they can run around together and play.
  • For the first month of Beckett's life we stayed pretty close to home since I was recovering from my C-section.  Although we didn't get to go anywhere exciting, Beckett had tons of visitors!  He met all of his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and his sweet cousin Annorah.  He even even had some visits from great aunts, second cousins, and of course lots of friends.  This boy sure is loved!
Here are some pictures from his first month.




 




 

  

 


     

No comments: