Sunday, May 15, 2011

Owen's First Birthday!

What a beautiful Saturday we had to celebrate Owen's first birthday! I am still coming to terms with the fact that an entire year has already passed us by, and my baby is actually 1. What a year it has been! We invited a few friends and family over to celebrate our little guy. Here are the pictures from his party. I will write an "official" 12 month post soon.

Proof that the sun was shining :)
Owen opening his gifts



I made a Cookie Monster cake for Owen and cupcakes for the guests. One of my fondest memories from birthdays growing up were the themed cakes my mom would make for us. I decided it would be fun to continue the tradition with my own kids. I started with this easy design that Bekah found for me here.

The whole dessert spread
Owen's very own "smash" cake
The guest cupcakes
Owen getting ready to blow out his birthday candle (with a little help from mom and dad)
Not so sure about this cake stuff
But with a little help from dad,
He was ready to dig in



Happy Birthday sweet boy! We love you!

No comments: