- At Owen's 12 month appointment Owen weighed 20 lbs 5 oz (20th percentile) and he was 29 7/8 inches long (60th percentile).
- Owen's first two molars have started to come in. He is now up to 10 teeth, and as a result we took him to his first dentist appointment. He did such a great job allowing the dentist to check out all his new teeth, and he really enjoyed the new toothbrush and rubber ducky they gave him after his visit.
- Owen is walking! He still chooses to crawl whenever he wants to get somewhere quickly, but he often walks across the room and plays with his toys. He is a pro at doing squats and can easily catch himself when he starts to lose his balance. I can't believe how quickly he is growing!
- Owen has learned how to give hi-fives. He thinks it is great fun when someone asks for one, but be prepared to get about five in a row. He hasn't quite figured out that you only need to hit the other person's hand once.
- Owen's vocabulary is also starting to grow. He has added doggie, hi, juice, and cheese to his list of words. It is fun to watch him try to communicate with us and mimic the words we are trying to teach him.
- Owen has used his first sign! We started signing to Owen around 6 months, but it has taken him quite a while to pick it up. He didn't seem very interested at first. But just a few weeks ago, Owen signed milk for the first time. We found that whenever we would say the word and hand him his sippy cup he would sign the word for us. Now he will sign it all on his own whenever he wants milk. Just this past week we realized he is also starting to sign all done. We are hoping that his signs will rapidly increase so that he can better communicate with us.
- Owen is such a people person. The larger the crowd the happier he is. It is so fun to watch him in a room full of people. He just seems to light up with all the attention. We attended Grandma and Grandpa's church the past two weekends, and Owen stayed in during the praise and worship. He LOVED it. He wanted to be down on the ground dancing with the beat. Needless to say, he entertained everyone near him with his cute dance moves.
- Owen is such a happy boy! He loves to play, and we often find him laughing at himself when he babbles at his toys. Oh how I wish I knew what was going on in that little head of his. He usually only gets upset when he is hungry, tired, or hurt, so it makes fussy times pretty predictable. We have been so blessed to have such a content little one!
Get ready for an onslaught of pictures!