I can't believe Owen turned 2 months on the 14th. I had meant to post about his latest accomplishments earlier, but his tetanus shot caused our little guy to have a surprise meltdown that evening. All is well now and our little guy has returned to his usual happy self.
In the past month Luke, Owen, and I have fallen into a better routine, and it is taking me a little less time to accomplish the everyday tasks that seemed insurmountable during the first month. Our little guy is still keeping us pretty entertained on a daily basis, and we have a new set accomplishments to add to the tally.
- At his appointment he weighed 11 lbs 5 oz and was 23 and 1/2 inches long. He is certainly growing!
- He smiles regularly now especially when he is playing with Luke.
- He is a bit of a momma's boy when he gets tired, which I must admit kind of melts me every time.
- He has rolled over twice! The first time was at 7 weeks when we were at my parents house, and the second was for the nurse at his Dr's appointment. I would like to believe I have a super strong little boy, but the truth is that I have a little guy that HATES tummy time. He hates is so much that he has figured out how to roll over whenever we prop him on his arms to encourage him to hold up his head. The nurse was quite surprised to watch him do it. We hope to catch him on video soon to share with the blogging/facebook world (well in reality the grandparents).
- One of our favorite accomplishments is his new little giggle. He seems to giggle most in the early mornings with Luke when I need a little extra sleep, but the first time we both heard him together was while driving to Yakima for the weekend. He was in his half-sleep state and when we went over a bump a little giggle popped out of the backseat.