This is my first tag, so we will see how I do.
The Rules:1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.2. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their 8 things) and post these rules.4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their names.5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I have a habit of dancing/singing to TV commercials. Typically my only audience is my husband, and he thinks the whole thing is pretty hilarious. He keeps threatening to buy a video camera and submit my antics to AFA.
2. I just recently overcame my nail biting habit. I am rather proud and have since treated myself to a couple of manicures. If you haven't had a manicure, it is kind of fun. However, I went to one place that took a full hour. I was a little tired of sitting by the end.
3. My mom says I have to include this next random fact. When I was just 15 years old I crashed a pick-up truck into a 5 wheel trailer. Since this truck was parked close to the house, when the truck pushed the trailer it scraped the side of the house. I guess you could say it was not the best time to learn how to drive a stick shift. The sad part is that I still don't know how to drive a stick shift.
4. Even though I teach English, I am a terrible speller. I also struggle with grammar. I am sure you have noticed that in a few of my posts. I typically triple check my writing and often ask someone else to read when I am finished. And even after all that checking, it seems the mistakes still slip through the cracks.
5. I like to read novels/stories that don't have a pretty or neatly wrapped ending. One of my recent favorites is "Metamorphosis" by Franz Kafka. It is about a man who wakes up one morning and he is a giant beetle. Interesting and somewhat sad themes run throughout the short story. It is a fast and rather intriguing read.
6. Just like Amy, I am not a huge fan of this whole technology business. I bought my first cell phone just 2 1/2 years ago, and I just learned how to text message last spring when Braxton was born. I still don't have an ipod, and I also can't seem to figure out how to download music. Most of my skills on the computer are limited to the Internet and Microsoft word. The sad part of all this is that Luke is a computer software engineer. I guess since he is my husband, I can have him fix all my technology problems.
7. I am still trying to learn how to grocery shop and plan meals. For some reason it did not come naturally to me after I got married, and my repertoire is limited to about three dishes that I know will turn out when I fix them. If you have any great suggestions about planning meals, cooking, and grocery shopping, PLEASE send them.
8. I like to think of home improvement projects for Luke and I. As you saw in a previous post, we designed built-ins and my dad installed them. We are one room and hallway shy of painting the entire place, and within the year I hope to tear up the floors and put down hardwood or the fake laminate (depending on price). Seems like I inherited the project bug from my mom, and fortunately have a dad who is brilliant with construction.
I am tagging Jen Green and Keriann.