Sunday, August 12, 2007

Yellowstone: Mammoth Hot Springs

As I started to think about Yellowstone and what I wanted to share with you all, I realized it would take more than one post. Therefore, we shall begin with Mammoth Hot Springs. As Luke and I walked through the lower terraces it was amazing to see the variety of colors caused by bacteria and microorganisms, and how the incredibly hot water creates the hazy mist you see in some of the pictures. The blackened trees seemed to be almost artistically placed throughout the springs as well. I think I took over a 100 pictures just at this one stop. The pictures below are some of my favorites.










2 comments:

Jen Green said...

Yellowstone reminds me of the tap water in Kissimmee Florida!

Amy Alexander said...

Is Luke trying to be all sexy in that fog?