- Beckett is growing at lightening speed. He now weighs 16 lbs 5 oz. He is solidly in six month clothes as a result, and it seems that he will be moving into the next size soon. It is pretty fun having such a rolly-poly little man, but there are time I wish I could keep him small a little longer.
- Beckett is a pretty social little guy. He does not like to be alone, and would much rather have someone doting on him with attention at all times. It is pretty worth it since the person who is playing with him often gets loads of smiles and giggles now. He loves it when someone gets right next to him and makes funny faces and sounds.
- Beckett is starting to babble and loves to try out new sounds when you talk to him. It feels like he is actually trying to express his opinion and have a conversation with you. The little coos of a baby are pretty cute!
- Becket has finally found his fingers! The little guy has been working to get his hand in his mouth all month. We thought he was after his thumb, but it turns out he wanted his pointer and middle finger. He likes to stick them in his mouth and suck or chew on them. He is still willing to take his binkie when he is tired, but when he is awake that hand is typically in the mouth.
- Sleeping issues have been interesting this past month. I am pleased to report that Beckett is usually a champ at night. He consistently sleeps 8 hours and for the past two nights he has decided to stretch it out to 10 hours!!! However, it has been tough at nap time. His schedule has been a little inconsistent, and there are times when he only wants to sleep for 30-45 minutes at a time. He would prefer to be held through every nap, but unfortunately I just can't swing that all the time. Oh well, I am sure we will figure it out, and I wouldn't trade the long stretches at night for longer naps during the day!
- He has discovered that he can grab onto things and play with toys now. It is fun to watch him try to grab the toys around him. They often end up in his mouth, but he also like to crinkle them if they make sounds. Owen is starting to "share" toys with Beckett now, although his choices in toys are sometimes questionable.
- Beckett does not like his car seat at all! When Owen was a baby, he would pass out asleep every time we put him in the car. Not so with our little Beckett. If he is awake, he is usually crying and if it is near nap time he lets us know pretty quickly that his preference is not to fall asleep in the car. Luke actually mentioned the other day after a 20 minute stretch of screaming in the car that maybe we should just stay home from now on. Oh, if only that were a real option!
Prepare for some picture craziness, because he is just too cute!